Author Topic: David Silver Special Order Parts  (Read 993 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
David Silver Special Order Parts
« on: July 25, 2016, 06:55:16 AM »
Always wondered what the game is with David Silver 'Special Order Parts' is. I reckon it's 'cos they must have a deal with CMS and that's where they come from. Worth remembering if you want the odd part from CMS included in your DS purchase.

Before you tell me 'that's old hat info' Trig  :D :D  I am an electronics engineer not an old timer bike mechanic !
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: David Silver Special Order Parts
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 07:06:12 AM »
How dare you call me a bike mechanic, old timer motorcycle engineer is what is on my certificate ;)
And yes, special Order means that the parts come from a third party, NOT just CMS ;) ;)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 07:40:57 AM »
How dare you call me a bike mechanic, old timer motorcycle engineer is what is on my certificate ;)
And yes, special Order means that the parts come from a third party, NOT just CMS ;) ;)

Wasn't specifically describing you Graham, I was just saying that I am not one. Anyway I thought you would be a 'Honda Tech Engine-builder extraordinaire' these days  ;D
Better be careful how I word things in future for all I know Julie may not be just an ordinary nurse, she may be a Matron for all I know  :-[  ...certainly keeps us all in check!

Who do you reckon the other people he calls on for parts are then, apart from CMS ? The timeframe for ordering suggests they probably come from outside of the UK. I know he buys from Yamiya but the parts I am looking for are usually late 60's parts, which CMS have stacks of. I know taht CMS recently bought out all of the classic spares from Western Hills Honda, so it can't be them.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 07:50:03 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 07:55:18 AM »
No such thing as an 'Ordinary' Nurse these days Ash. And yes, I have been a Matron in the past and trust me, keeping you lot in order is a doddle after managing 100's of Nurse  ;D ;D ;D
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 08:29:45 AM »
Dave used to deal with Western Hills till CMS bought it all, they must have snuck in when he wasn't looking

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal