SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

How to make pod filters work

(1/5) > >>

MarkCR750:
I read that the reason pod filters give issues is that the don't smooth the air before it enters the carb so decided to fit velocity stacks inside mine, then I realised I already had a set in the stock airbox, so ref photos below I pulled some chinese pods apart, enlarged the hole in the plate to accept the rubber velocity stack from the stock airbox, glued the stacks into the plates using "sikaflex" the best adhesive know to man, strong as hell and remains flexible when cured, glued the filter back on to the plate then just clamped the whole assembly onto the bike as you would with the original airbox, the difference is marked, I thought it was running well before but now it's much smoother , has more power, picks up even better and has a dead smooth tickover , best couple of hours I've spent so far regarding modding the bike, the filters were about £20 for the set of 4, the velocity stacks came with the donor bike, so if you've got pod issues do as below, cheers Mark

florence:
very nice

JamesH:
Good work there Mark. Simple fix and great idea..

MarkCR750:
Cheers James, yes it's sometimes the simplest or most obvious things that work best, I'm going to get it on the dyno soon to check the fuelling, not really bothered what power it's making, it's more than fast enough but I don't want it to be running lean, the plug colours look ok but the piston crowns look a bit odd, mainly dark but with small patches of light tan so I'll be happier once it's checked out properly.

Greebo:
[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

These are K&N pods on mine which are slightly larger

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version