Author Topic: Anybody know anything about these old CL350's?  (Read 4904 times)

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody know anything about these old CL350's?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 04:18:01 PM »
Ha Ha Fetish my ar*e. Away on hols back today. If you are buying one choose the one with the best original exhaust cos they are rare to get hold of and not repro'd AFAIK. There was a mega low miler 1st year K0 on ebay last week.. no way was that only 1.5 k miler as described and was sporting the wrong year much later pipes. DK s the place to get one.  As they once described they had a ' Sea of cl 350s. 1st year bikes kick out the most HP. .it was 36 on the road model. .maybe slightly less on CL but  great for a '68 four stroke and its only 325 not the full 350cc btw.  My missus has given up on me buying bikes...sneaked the CD125 in last week without her noticing it.:-):-):-)

Sneaking them in now are you ash, i have sneaked about 10 bikes past the missis over the years, she busted me for a few after noticing the same pattern of events happening ie i was outside all the time loads of boxes were appearing for stashing the parts and i was being extra nice but the give away was i was always asking her when she was next going out
People learn from my mistakes, it can be done though  just be clever plan ahead and lie through your teeth 

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 08:03:44 AM »
Kind of finished with my list of 'sneak-ins' now Pete (it's 8 now)  .. possibly a single 'Tiddler like an S90 or an ST70. You are not going to believe this but some wily old farmer type geezer at Bakewell car boot a month or two back had a pair of really sh*tty BSA Bantams for £1,200 and she was wittering on . 'Ooh my dad had one of those are you interested' ...   No way !
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Honda Al

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2016, 09:44:51 AM »
So I went and looked at the bike today. Nice chap and pointed bits out about the bike that needed attention, but in addition found other things -

1970 colour scheme on a 1971 model - not done professionally, the white line is a vinyl sticker and not even level with the badge
Exhaust muffler has been spray painted black to hide a repair, although the repair is still letting air out like a kitchen sieve
Side panels are from a CB350, although the guy says they are CL, and the exhaust mounting has been adapted to allow the extra clearance needed for this
Speedo is off a CB450, so no way of telling authentic mileage
Engine mount has snapped at the front right side ?MOT Failure
Rear suspension will definitely need replacing

Decided to walk away from this one, he wasn't budging on price either.

While I was there he did show me his spares dept. MASSIVE! The whole upstairs is full of shelving and boxes with all sorts - seats, clocks, grab rails, fenders, suspension, exhausts, etc. He maybe worth a ring if looking for that elusive part, although doesn't list any spares on the website so you'll need to ring and ask.

Alan
I love a Honda. Proud father of a 2000 Honda CBR929 Fireblade and 1972 Honda CB500 K1. Oh, and two children!

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2016, 09:59:05 PM »
Shame .. I'll keep my eye out for a nice one for you.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2016, 05:20:32 PM »
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 05:48:58 PM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline Honda Al

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2016, 06:16:02 PM »
Well I went and did it and bought a DK special last weekend. 1970 CL350.

Some evidence of being looked after by the previous owner. Started first time in the button with a new battery.

Think I'll keep it original looking instead of restoring. I quite like the beaten up, distressed used look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love a Honda. Proud father of a 2000 Honda CBR929 Fireblade and 1972 Honda CB500 K1. Oh, and two children!

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2016, 11:01:37 PM »
Nice find .. & great its such a low miler ...enjoy !

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2016, 12:17:30 PM »
it isn't in the least bit "beaten up, distressed used".  It looks incredibly smart to me.

I'm envious, I think they are great fun off road.  I'm hoping to make my cb350 more like a CL.  What is it like having the 19" front wheel?

Offline Honda Al

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2016, 12:53:39 PM »
it isn't in the least bit "beaten up, distressed used".  It looks incredibly smart to me.

I'm envious, I think they are great fun off road.  I'm hoping to make my cb350 more like a CL.  What is it like having the 19" front wheel?

No idea yet!!! Rode it up the road a little for a basic test. Think I'll throw it in for a MOT sooner rather than later and see how it gets on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2016, 07:34:45 PM »
There was a minter parked in the centre of Bakewell last weekend (J Reg  import obviously) . It looked absolutely stunning.

Offline K-Mo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2017, 06:18:01 PM »
...late to the party, just joined.  Good choice!
I've got one of these, I use it regularly to tool around the city.  No tax, 70mpg ish, you can fix it yourself.  And it's fun.  Even managed to get my first speeding ticket in 25 years, brings out the hooligan (think Fizzie antics)
33 seventies-style horses, nippy enough.  Makes a great noise.  I fitted some modern EBC brake shoes, new points/plugs/HTs and it bops around a treat.  A great antidote to my red mist sessions on the 955i

Liked it so much, I even found a matching helmet (just need the flared trousers now)

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2017, 06:29:34 PM »
Are they 360 or 180 degree cranks on these?

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2017, 10:18:51 AM »
180, very simple.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal