Author Topic: How do bikes know when to break?  (Read 2419 times)

Greebo

Re: How do bikes know when to break?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2016, 02:52:17 PM »
Yes I've since read that Honda do indeed use crank bhp, what was throwing me was my XJR1300SP which is quoted as 106 bhp by Yamaha , I had it dynoed and it came out at 104 pretty much bang on, so either yam are being strangely honest for once or CMC calculate back to crank HP, I'll have to ask them , I subsequently changed the intake rubbers for FJ1200 items and it made 112, total waste of £70 for the rubbers cos the bikes all about torque not BHP, but I was younger then (2 years ago 😀), Sam's Dyno is rear wheel BHP (thankfully), anyway it's running nicely that's the main thing, been out on it since 7am must go home some time today!.

Hi Mark
I think you are still very happy with the performance, as I am with mine, forget the bhp & just enjoy it.
My Dyno run was very similar to yours, just a tad more bhp, but don't forget mine engine has had total rebuild.
I am thinking of getting some of those V Stacks that Yozzer has got, they look great & not too expensive, just not sure how they would affect the fuel/air mixture & the overhaul running...yozzer has tells me he has not run it yet 

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2016, 05:18:02 PM »
I shouldn;t worry about figures,the BHP quoted by the  makers used to be at the crank,

and the weight was "dry",ie;- empty of fluids,oils etc.

its a lot like modern car fuel comsumption figures ,and diesel NOX tests
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline MarkCR750

• Professional half wit and member
  • SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2016, 05:38:26 PM »
Yes I've since read that Honda do indeed use crank bhp, what was throwing me was my XJR1300SP which is quoted as 106 bhp by Yamaha , I had it dynoed and it came out at 104 pretty much bang on, so either yam are being strangely honest for once or CMC calculate back to crank HP, I'll have to ask them , I subsequently changed the intake rubbers for FJ1200 items and it made 112, total waste of £70 for the rubbers cos the bikes all about torque not BHP, but I was younger then (2 years ago 😀), Sam's Dyno is rear wheel BHP (thankfully), anyway it's running nicely that's the main thing, been out on it since 7am must go home some time today!.

Hi Mark
I think you are still very happy with the performance, as I am with mine, forget the bhp & just enjoy it.
My Dyno run was very similar to yours, just a tad more bhp, but don't forget mine engine has had total rebuild.
I am thinking of getting some of those V Stacks that Yozzer has got, they look great & not too expensive, just not sure how they would affect the fuel/air mixture & the overhaul running...yozzer has tells me he has not run it yet

Yes the most important bit is knowing it's not running lean so I can use it, God knows how many miles I did today, I know my wrists, back and neck hurt though !😀

PS yes those stacks look great.
Suzuki GT250A (Nostalgia)
1977 K7 CR750 (lookalike, what of I’m not sure)
Ducati 900SS (Soul & Speed)
Ducati M900 Monster (Handling & character)
Thruxton 1200 (suits me)
James Captain 197 (pure adrenaline, i.e. no brakes!)
"Eff yir gitten awvestear yir gooin te farst"
Sir J.Stewart.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal