Author Topic: Honda ss50 indicators  (Read 1586 times)

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
Re: Honda ss50 indicators
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 11:32:28 AM »
It could still be an earth fault.   If the headlamp circuit is losing a couple of volts because of a bad earth then revving the engine will increase the voltage at the battery but will still be less volts across the bulb because of the poor earth return.  I get it all the time at work;  engineers not checking the neutral voltage.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 08:20:22 PM »
I think the Headlamp works direct from a coil in the generator, yes a bad earth will reduce power on anything but so will a corroded power connector or switch or even a bad generator, these magnets are getting old, just like most of us now

Offline Pmd31421

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 09:17:12 PM »
Hi def not the earths . I ran individual cables back to the battery - .pole.
However the taillight is now working , even tho the stubborn headlight still won't have none of it .
I didn't realise bike had to be running for lights , even tho it's not made any difference .
Check the charging voltage at battery with engine running ..... approx 6.57 volts .

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 09:57:53 PM »
May seem a silly question, but have you tested the headlight bulb to be sure it's working? If that checks out okay, test the wires from the headlight back to each join/ connection, working back through the high/low beam switch (I'm assuming you are aware that the ign switch controls the lights on/off on some Ss50 models) then trace back to ign switch, paying special attention to all bullet connectors for cleanliness and tightness. Let us knowvhow those checks go.

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline petermigreen

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 10:16:15 PM »
Hi , going to check all the earths . Indicators light up but just stay on they don't flash , even with motor running . Headlight .....nothing front or back , although brake light works . Check bulbs they all ok ..
Is the flasher relay okay? Also check lamp wattages are correct as incorrect wattage lamps installed will affect the operation of the indicators
Peter

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal