Author Topic: Anyone win this "NOS" tank?  (Read 3440 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone win this "NOS" tank?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2016, 06:07:33 PM »
Welcome aboard  :) .. I know there has been a lot of discussion about your tank on here but we are a friendly bunch really. To my mind this is the best forum for good old fashioned camaraderie . So keep posting !

Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2016, 06:20:00 PM »
Oh yeah forgot to say keep posting don't be put of by a few comments its how we learn new things  ;)
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2016, 06:41:47 PM »
Imagine this guy must have been right peed off ...everyone nightmare with NOS tanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-cd175-sloper-petrol-tank-/182065928842?hash=item2a63f99a8a:g:hbQAAOSwLpdW9Umw

"Honda cd175 sloper tank Genuine Nos still in original box colour is the bluey/green  can't  be many about now. When taking picture I mans get to knock the tank and chip the top just under the filler cap study picture 2, original listing price changed.

Any questions please ask.
"
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2016, 08:26:31 PM »
Just joined the group and seen this post. It was my tank that I sold and it went via the GSP to I think Dominican Republic. I assure you all it was brand new, it has been in my possession for about 25 years and most definitely wasn't resprayed or refurbished. I was surprised by the tank lining but wasn't complaining, it was as stated, in perfect condition. About 25 years ago I was incredibly lucky enough to buy a job lot of brand new bagged 500/4 parts that came from a garage clearance after a dealer went bust. I literally built an almost brand new bike, but already had a decent tank so kept this one as spare. It was the sort of thing you can only dream about.

And the rear mudguard was CB 500 too.

Btw what does "NOS" mean?

The UK 500 rear mudguard did not have the number 341 stamped on it, the 341 in that style mudguard relates to the UK CB750 K2.
I had a NOS 500 tank that I fitted to a UK,500 K0  that had no lining, was over sprayed on the underside.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2016, 06:16:03 AM »
Why are you sorry Oddjob, you are correct and I had forgot about the indicator wire tabs did not come on the rear guard .
If it was a NOS tank, I would of bought it  ;)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 07:25:07 AM »
Why are you sorry Oddjob, you are correct and I had forgot about the indicator wire tabs did not come on the rear guard .
If it was a NOS tank, I would of bought it  ;)

Think Ken used  'sorry' cos 'Charlie' genuinely thought it was a NOS tank and had the decency to join us on here and defend his corner. Anyway, we gained a new member in the process and interesting story about clearing a dealers old stock...he was lucky that DS didn't beat him to it  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal