Author Topic: Cleaning rear hub  (Read 2792 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning rear hub
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 02:33:05 PM »
Use it outside and don't get any on your skin as it stings like hell. Guess it has formic acid in it, which is the stuff in ant bites plus methylene chloride (supposed to be banned for DIY use). OK but just avoid the  fumes. It will removed Honda hub lacquer in a matter of seconds . Brush it on thickly with an old paint brush, leave for a few minutes then wash off with hot water and cheapo washing up liquid using a stiff brush or thick gloves and a scouring pad. You could also use a pressure washer after brushing in some neat washing up liquid. Totally non-PC stuff but awesome at removing paint/lacquer. Don't forget that for yonks we were sold Nitromors original formula, which is essentially the same stuff  and I have never heard of anyone having long term health probs from using it. OK if you were using it all day long, that a different matter but not for odd occasions in bike resto. ENJOY  :D

Just noticed the place you bought it from is in Hull Chris !!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:41:31 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Chris400F

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning rear hub
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2016, 03:28:26 PM »
Thanks Ash, that's really useful, I will give it a go.

I hadn't noticed where it came from, I was more interested in the line a bit further up the page starting with a '£' sign!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal