Author Topic: Up the Ace, and increased tickover  (Read 2727 times)

uk_kev

Up the Ace, and increased tickover
« on: December 26, 2006, 12:48:20 PM »
Well it was my first visit to the Ace this morning, and very nice it was too, I have to say, friendly people, good food, and hot coffee, what more do you need?
There were a mixed bag of bikes and cars from across the years and the world, I guess the oldest would have been a Velo Mac, that got lots of admiring glances and sounded sweet, then I guess Rhonda me old Honda was next oldest, she too getting lots of looks and comments, as for the cars, the Datsun owners club were there with some early examples from the 70's, plus the odd Mustang and old Alfa to make it interesting.
Rhonda me old Honda behaved impecably, although I now have to adjust the tickover as it has doubled since this first longer run out. I would think that the carbs have cleaned up a bit inside causing this.

uk_kev

Re:Up the Ace, and increased tickover
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 10:34:25 PM »
Hey Steve are you in or out at work this week?

jimshea

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 09:23:46 AM »
Kev,
This is Jim from Camberley, Steve mentioned you are local; if he's around, do you fancy a meet up this week, weather permitting??
Jim.

uk_kev

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 10:08:45 PM »
Hi Jim, I am not sure the weather is going to be condusive from the report tonight, no sign of Steve about, I guess he must be away for Christmas. which side of Camberly are you based then? as you know I am right in the center of Reading, and you passed my place when you visited Pegasus the other week.

jimshea

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 09:25:42 AM »
Kev,
I am meeting Steve today to pick up a bike we have bought.
I live on the Woking side of Camberley, out near Deepcut.
Jim.

Online SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 05:48:59 PM »
Kev - are you going to the Ally Pally Bike Show?

I'm going on the Friday (prob with Jim)
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

jimshea

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 09:07:28 AM »
Talking of the Ace... as it is such a nice day I am thinking of going there; anyone interested?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal