Author Topic: Recommend chain and sprocket kits. F2  (Read 628 times)

Offline onethumb

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Recommend chain and sprocket kits. F2
« on: July 13, 2016, 02:09:34 PM »
Hi all,
I've just finished the wheel reverb and will start the wheels rebuild next week.
On the strip down I noticed that the rear sprocket was in really good order as was the very heavy 630 chain but the front sprocket looked like a load of shark fins.
As its a rebuild I'm going to push the boat out and buy a full set, I've seen the busters deal which to be honest is the best price I've found, has anyone got a better deal or should I leave the busters one alone and spend the extra on a different set. And do I have to go 630 chain again?

Has anyone got pics of the wheels being rebuilt? as like a nob head I stripped them down that long ago (December) that I can't for the life of me remember how it went.

Thanks.
Steve.
"20 in a 40 is not safe driving"

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Recommend chain and sprocket kits. F2
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 02:35:23 PM »
I sincerely hope you're not talking about the comstar wheels that were standard on the 750 F2! :o If you are, did you not see the words "Do Not Disassemble" stamped on them? They are way beyond the scope of home rebuilding, even experienced wheelbuilders will leave well alone. The spokes are riveted to the rims at the factory, and I know of nowhere that has been successful in putting a set back together safely. Believe me, the last thing you want is a wheel breaking up while riding it even at 20 m.p.h.
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline yozzer74

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 03:16:32 PM »
Here are  some for f2  but like hairygit says if you have split the comstars then bin them [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:18:46 PM by yozzer74 »

Offline onethumb

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 03:30:45 PM »
Hairygit and yozzer, my mistake, I am talking about the cornstars but I'm just talking about a rebuild that was necessary for blasting and repainting so all bearings, seals and such.
Lucky for me and thanks to previous posts on this site I learnt not to unbolt the alloy from the steel.
Thanks for you concerned replies.
Thanks for the explosive pics.
Chain and sprocket recommends?
"20 in a 40 is not safe driving"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal