Author Topic: throttle not returning  (Read 4705 times)

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
Re: throttle not returning
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 10:02:12 PM »
 ;) why dont you just run the bike with just  the pull cable .
i have done this for years with no problems in fact the action is a lot lighter with one cable anyway. go on you know it makes sense lol

Offline El__burro

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
throttle not returning
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 10:34:51 PM »
SORTED!
It turned out to be a routing issue.
See the pictures?
The cables were passing through the other passage in the frame.

I am very glad for your support.
Thanks a million
el__burro
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 12:00:59 AM by El__burro »

Offline Aly-b

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 02:47:19 PM »
Glad you got it sorted,as I found out the correct routing makes all the difference.

Greebo

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2016, 11:53:46 AM »
;) why dont you just run the bike with just  the pull cable .
i have done this for years with no problems in fact the action is a lot lighter with one cable anyway. go on you know it makes sense lol

Mines a K6 fitted with PD carbs, I find the throttle quite stiff compared to other bikes I have had, the new cables are routed as good as you can get them.
having recently had carpel tunnel surgery on my right hand 3 months ago I am now finding the stiff throttle a bit too much &  after a good few miles of riding my hand & wrist aches like F*ck...
So today I have removed the throttle return spring & now its smooth & very easy...but i obviously now don't get the auto throttle/spring return, but at least I can give my hand a rest whilst riding without the spring closing the throttle, I just set the throttle in a cruise position & I can take my hand off the grip & relax it a bit 

I know some will say its not safe having it this way "and if you drop the bike it will rev its bollocks off"

any other suggestions ?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 11:57:38 AM by Greebo »

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2016, 12:17:05 PM »

as the throttle grip on my Honda is worn,(well,it is original)  I fitted a jubilee clip ,and in normal riding I use my thumb
to roll the throttle round,

saves having to grip to hard,
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Greebo

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2016, 04:32:39 PM »
Quote:
Mines a K6 fitted with PD carbs, I find the throttle quite stiff compared to other bikes I have had, the new cables are routed as good as you can get them.
having recently had carpel tunnel surgery on my right hand 3 months ago I am now finding the stiff throttle a bit too much &  after a good few miles of riding my hand & wrist aches like F*ck...
So today I have removed the throttle return spring & now its smooth & very easy...but i obviously now don't get the auto throttle/spring return, but at least I can give my hand a rest whilst riding without the spring closing the throttle, I just set the throttle in a cruise position & I can take my hand off the grip & relax it a bit 

I know some will say its not safe having it this way "and if you drop the bike it will rev its bollocks off"

any other suggestions ?

Johnwebley replied
as the throttle grip on my Honda is worn,(well,it is original)  I fitted a jubilee clip ,and in normal riding I use my thumb
to roll the throttle round,

saves having to grip to hard,

Thanks John

just found this see photo below....might be worth try

Cruise Control Throttle Aid Cramp Buster Fits Onto Grip - CRUAID
Brand New / In Stock
Useful info:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 04:34:51 PM by Greebo »

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2016, 04:44:56 PM »
Which grips do you have on it?

Greebo

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2016, 05:09:40 PM »
Which grips do you have on it?

These are mine 22mm anti vibe' grips 1st mage
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 05:18:48 PM by Greebo »

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2016, 05:23:09 PM »
I raced moto-x in the distant past when there was all sort of grip materials and sizes sold as some sort of cure for anything you could imagine (bit like vitamins nowadays) but the ones that, for me, caused the least stress on hands and rists were the absolute thinnest I could get  hold of.

It was just easier to hang on and race with my hands more closed naturally around the grip. Also the stickier the grip was then the less muscular clamping effort I needed.

Don't think Durex make bike grips ;) but the closest thing was trials bike kit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal