Author Topic: Motorbike Show ITV restoring a a Phil Read Replica CB750F2  (Read 10382 times)

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Motorbike Show ITV restoring a a Phil Read Replica CB750F2
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2016, 01:13:45 PM »
I agree with you Ashimoto, there are precious few bike shows available to us anyway let alone one that looks at the nuts and bolts side of things and doesn't just sensationalise biking because the people making the program see it as a highly risky interest.
The last two times I've seen any SOHC engine on TV at all was one 750 motor being dumped into the back of a car as balast in some sort of scrap heap challenge based in USA. Also based there was a modifier bike program in which they got a 750 K0 from the original owner and cut the poor thing up in front of him in a sequence that seemed to have more to do with psychological torture (they still seemed to be holding a grudge for pearl harbour) than anything bike related! So anything on this current one is a massive advance on that.
As far as I've seen with Mr Cole's programs, he has a good sympathetic look at anything biking, gives air time to anyone he meets in his ventures, is very generous in his praise for other's skills while being self deprecating about his own and appears endlessly interested in any avenue of machinery.
I think it's a triumph to get anything like he's producing onto prime time TV programming and watch any of his stuff, the last series  "shed and buried" with Sam Lovegrove is also good. For anyone who saw it when they got an old industrial engine fired up in the shed and it nearly jumped though the floor just made me laugh at the straight up honest enthusiasm and the sheer joy of getting any, even the most mundane, engine going.

One thing  if you read this Henry,  that MV on the last program,  if there's one thing in this world that doesn't need music overlayed onto it, that's it right there.

Offline haynes66

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2016, 02:43:41 PM »
as above. i actually like his presenting style and he tells it like it is. i enjoyed the 'worlds greatest motorcycle rides' series because he was honest and down to earth. sometimes happy with the day's ride, sometimes wet and grumpy.
honda firestorm
silverwing 600 scooter
honda britain project
phil read rep project
YGS1 80cc yamaha
LE Velocette

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2016, 03:02:05 PM »
as above. i actually like his presenting style and he tells it like it is. i enjoyed the 'worlds greatest motorcycle rides' series because he was honest and down to earth. sometimes happy with the day's ride, sometimes wet and grumpy.

I agree ,sometimes Henry is a whoooos !! but you just get to know his style,
most of his programes air on freeview Travel channel 42,ideal fodder for a cold  wet sunday ,
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal