Author Topic: Headlamp compatibility  (Read 5190 times)

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Headlamp compatibility
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2016, 03:08:24 PM »
I can make most bits to satisfy my own standards, reacon I have a wee bit of a way to go on cosmetic finish before I can sell stuff, that and speed of production. Near the top of my wish list for the workshop is an english wheel to have a wee go at mudguards, trying to get a set for my 1960 trailer other than plastic is inpossible with the original 16 inch wheels.
Spun alloy headlamp rims might be a good little idea for me if I can master it, I know of several classic vehicles where original chrome rims are hard to get, to do them in chromed steel might be a challenge, I've seen alloy spinning being demonstrated, think that is fairly steightforeward once the tooling is covered. Copper might be easier to start on than steel and take chrome. Trouble might be that the first one done well enough to sell might represent many hours setup and practice runs then a load might hit the market from the east at a fraction of what I would need to charge, makes me nervous of the classic repro market. I'm going through the bussiness planning stage to get a new enterprise startup as self employed but playing safe and offering groundskeeping services as my bread and butter, with workshop based stuff being a fallback for winter.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal