Author Topic: C90 Prices  (Read 1125 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
C90 Prices
« on: August 06, 2016, 08:46:10 AM »
What's the going rate for a J reg C90 in good nick (16k miles)?  My brother wants me to get him one to use on private land and my mate in York has one in his shop that he says is really nice.

Think he's asking £1200  ..
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: C90 Prices
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 11:10:55 AM »
I'm also a member of the C90 club U.K.  The old 6volt 90's are quite worthless these days (round headlight) as the 70cc version was faster and the motor was stronger, and engine parts for the 6volt 90 are scarce. The 12volt versions (rectangular headlight) are vastly better (1983- 2002) and command very high prices, if the one you are looking at is 12 volt the price is about right. If it is just for off road use, there are some excellent Chinese clones of the step thru, you can get a brand new one for about £700, or cheaper still they do pitbikes with the cloned 90 engine, usually these days 110cc, 4 speed and semi auto from about £500 brand new, and used ones are really cheap. The ones with the engines made by Lifan, Zongshen or Stomp are very well made, all engine parts are interchangeable with Honda, and many people in the 90 club fit a Lifan 110 into their 90's for a cheap upgrade (complete engine ready to bolt in for £145 delivered, just put your carb on it, plug the wires in and fill with oil and off you go!)
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 09:27:55 PM »
I have a mate who restores them semi professionally. I'll ask him what he thinks it's worth. J reg as in 1970?

Its J reg 90's I will post some pics but it will be a week or so.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 09:48:03 PM »
It's about the right money for a really clean one then. Tell him to join C90 club.co.uk if he does buy it, a nice group, very like here for help and info etc.
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 12:50:10 PM »
Managed to get it for £1,100 'mates rates' and advised my brother Tony to join the C90 forum., so watch out for him Hairy  :D

Delivered it this morning.

Thanks from us both for your help folks.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 12:56:01 PM by AshimotoK0 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal