Author Topic: Ignition Problem  (Read 2645 times)

martin.g.g

Ignition Problem
« on: January 14, 2007, 10:01:32 AM »
I am at the end of my teather as regards to this CB550F2. I have spent so much time and money on it rebuilding it from a pile of scrap and it still won't run propely. I did have it running on all four at sort time but now it will only run on pot 1 & 4. I presume that it's a coil problem. I do get a spark from all the plugs all be it a bit on the weak side. I have swaped coils over and it ran with pot 1 and pot 2 missing and the others no life. One thing i did notice was that I was getting a lot of points arcing on points set 2&3 so I presume that its the condensor. However they have both just been replaced. My next step is swap the condensors over (may try one of the old condesors) and to change both the coils for new set of Dyna coils that I was going to use for my Suzuki GS1000G rebuild (which is due to happen one the Honda is sorted). In their installation instructions thay talk about fitting a ballast resistor. I presume that the Honda has one fitted, but I cant find it. Does any one know where this is located and how to test it. Any advice on getting this subbon bike living again would be appreciated.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal