SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Front mudguard

(1/2) > >>

masonmart:
Has anybody ever fitted a non-standard mudguard at the front? I'm thinking of a lightweight mudguard that doesn't fit via stays to the fork ends. It's going on a cafe racer so the standard unit would look terrible. Anybody sell this type of mudguard to fit the CB500/550 forks. There are bracket fixing points but the LHS ones are used to fix the caliper holder.

MM

Tomb:
I fitted a GRP mudguard blade similar to a Dunstall, it was supposed to jubilee/hose clip to the forks but was crap so I made a bracket out of 3mm stainless in a big upside down U shape. This also acts as a great fork brace which you lose if fitting a plastic guard instead of the sturdy original. When using the guard hose clipped, the front brake pulls on one side of the fork twisting it round under hard stopping.

Tomb:
Mine was like this

I trimmed the side lugs off to use the home made bracket

masonmart:
Yes, that's like the Dresda one I have and it's dreadful. If I make a bracket from SS I presume it fastens to the tapped holes for the caliper holder?

Many thanks

Tomb:
Yep, the original mudguard mounting holes and just like the original fitted with the caliper bracket

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version