General > Out & About

Out and about 2017 -- forward planning

(1/43) > >>

Johnwebley:
hi all,it will soon be christmas,so is it time to start planning for ride outs? meetings ??

april has a nice rideout for us near/in Wales

http://www.ridecymru.com/

and then the Welsh Rally

http://www.clivemcc.co.uk/wnrforms.php

this is early may time,I did it for the first time this year,and it was great fun,

then,a visit to David Silver Museum,I know it will be like returning lots of spares back to were they were purchased from,but it
should be fun,worth noting,the museum is NOT open on sundays !! ,
if we can sort out a date,booking B&B and camping can be arranged ,

then the BIG one,how about the Classic/Manx TT,

what do you all think ??

Nurse Julie:
Sounds a good idea John, a bit of forward planning. I'm up for the DSS museum visit (not sure about him indoors, he may boycott it  ;D ;D ;D ;D) but I'm sure he would come along for the ride. Boston Bike Night, 6th July 2017 will definitely be on my list again also.

royhall:
Dont forget the Isle of Man Classic TT end of August. Anybody thinking of going (as a previous post) will need to book the hotel about now really. Then the sailing about Christmas time or you wont be going. We usually pay our hotel bill on leaving and rebook for the following year at the same time. It really is that busy.

Johnwebley:

--- Quote from: royhall on September 13, 2016, 06:47:55 PM ---Dont forget the Isle of Man Classic TT end of August. Anybody thinking of going (as a previous post) will need to book the hotel about now really. Then the sailing about Christmas time or you wont be going. We usually pay our hotel bill on leaving and rebook for the following year at the same time. It really is that busy.

--- End quote ---
Roy.need your help on this
We're do you usually stay?and
When do you travel.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

royhall:
John.

Classic TT 2017 is from 19th August to 1st September, that includes all of practice week as well. We are going over Thursday 24th Aug until Saturday 2nd Sept, and we are staying at the Fernleigh Hotel in Peel. We don't stay in Douglas anymore as its died off in the last 10 years with nothing to do at night.

Peel is much more lively at night with things like Beach Races and live bands. MCN also does a bike night at the Creek Hotel, and there are plenty of pubs/chippies/cafes/restaurants. Its not a cheap week though, this year with ferries/hotel/petrol/spending money it cost me £900.  But that said, we don't hold off on the spending, and it can be done way cheaper if camping and cooking yourself etc. We also sometimes pay for seated viewing but you don't have to.

Hope that helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version