General > Out & About

Out and about 2017 -- forward planning

<< < (42/43) > >>

MCTID:
Gardner Diesel engine....made in my home town, Patricroft, Eccles. I was offered an Engineering Apprenticeship there in 1966. Turned them down as I felt it was such a big place that I would just be another number ! No regrets though.

They made the best Diesel engines in the world (at the time), but one silly strike after another led the Family that owned it close it down.

Bryanj:
11 litre 6 pot diesel that runs flat out at 1800 rpm and at a temperature low enough any heater is useless and yes when it was working about 25 ton would be about it, I am old enough to remember the "Upgrade" to 32 ton.

Due to a "quirk" in the injection system it was possible to start them backwards when things got a bit tired

Johnwebley:
well,

with the sunshine today,I went for a potter arround,I used the little RD as I didn't want salty spray on the CB,

both previously tucked away in the garage ,keeping dry with chargers connected !!

my main excuse is that I am having a new hip on wednesday,so I don't expect to swing my leg over till end of february,

hairygit:
Ouch! Good luck with it John, but once it's done and healed things should be much better for you.

philward:
Good luck with op John - mate of mine has had both hips done and he's as good as new now!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version