SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

pd46a carburetor help

(1/2) > >>

davidrsmith:
Hi

Thanks to those people who replied to my previous post about stuck throttle slides.
I have now got them freed and cleaned, and I am now rebuilding the carbs but I have a small problem, on two of the carbs the pilot jet plain washer and rubber seal are stuck in their housing, how can I get them out, and does anyone know where I can get a couple of new washers?

Thanks
Dave

Lynx:
Hi Dave,

I think this is what you want
http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb550k3-four-england_model14671/screw-set_16016393004/#.V-w0AYgrLGg
You can usually get them out with a pin. Maybe soak them in PlusGas first.

Seabeowner:
Just did this yesterday. Spray of carb cleaner, then a short length of thin wire (fuse or a piece from a multistrand) with a hook bent at the end and they come out easy.
Rebuilt carbs after cleaning all day with a load of new parts. Checked float heights etc. Bike is a pig. Dead or 5000rpm. I hate pd carbs.

Lynx:
Have you used compressed air on them? I managed to blow out a small brass blanking ball once without realising. I had the carbs off 3 times before I found the problem.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Seabeowner:
Didn't use compressed air. Just a spray can of carb cleaner. But didn't remove the slow jet which is next to the main jet. This appears to be just pushed in with interference fit and didn't want to mash it. Anybody remove them?
Will take apart and remove everything and soak the bodies. Will look up best soaking solutions: there have been plenty on here in the past.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version