SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

Break leaking from pistons

(1/2) > >>

yozzer74:
Well I've fitted new seals in my calipers pistons were in good order just been in garage and all 3 are leaking why .I bought these calipers from eBay .

hairygit:
Did you thoroughly clean the grooves which the seals sit in? If they have the tiniest bit of crud in them they can leak. You say you bought the calipers from e bay, where did you get the seals? Reason I ask I've had a few from e bay over the years and they were rubbish. Only use genuine seals, brakes are safety critical, pattern parts are not worth the risk!

yozzer74:
I've used Honda parts on them they were very clean could the calipers be no good

hairygit:
Possibly, but unlikely all 3 would be knackered together, unless a previous owner has been careless cleaning them, using something seriously abrasive on the alloy, but I would think that unlikely. More of a possibility is incorrect pattern pistons, possibly supplied incorrectly or cost cutting!

yozzer74:
DON'T know what's going on with my breaks the seals don't appear to be leaking now .when I fitted the seals the day after they had leaked .so I wiped them clean .been 2 days now and they are still dry .any thoughts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version