Author Topic: Stafford Show  (Read 2526 times)

Offline Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
Re: Stafford Show
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2016, 10:36:08 AM »
Well said Roy. Too many shows (cars and bikes) are being hijacked by the mobile phone covers, sweets, boot Polish and the tool that does it all for £30 type traders. I couldn't get near to anything last year within an hour of arriving.
I can recommend the Kempton Park shows, worth £6 entry fee and always a great show outside in the car park with so many riders bikes to look at. Not much Japanese stuff but there are normally a few traders selling gaskets and a few nos parts so some bargains to be had.
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2016, 10:43:24 AM »
Didn't go but agree with all comments re car boot, prices, crowds etc. Our local "farming show" at Bakewell used to be the place to go. Now its just people selling hose fittings and out of date batteries. Seems these places are more bothered about selling stall space. Stuff the quality / content.

Also grumpy git / on all fours stand.  Spoke to him twice and very blunt. How not to sell things. The "faulty towers" of the SOHC world!
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2016, 11:02:17 AM »
Ash, the guys name at  'on all fours' is John from Sheffield. I traded some CB parts with him last year, he did have an email & phone number available last year

Maybe I looked like the tax man  ;D Think he used to work at a main dealers in Sheffield

Deffo massive queue at 9:45 am yesterday
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal