Author Topic: Shamelessly advertising my CB450 (in need of restoration) currently on eBay  (Read 1341 times)

Offline skibbad

• View Profile
Hello all,

As the title says, my 1972 CB450 is currently for sale on flea-bay. It was a project I started a long time ago and I haven't been able to finish due to a several reasons.

Here is the link- http://r.ebay.com/dbaGlg

It is a very rare bike in the UK as it was never officially imported.

I have rebuilt the bottom half of the engine and half of the cylinder head as well. I have only put the covers on the cylinder head, a few parts are yet to be rebuilt inside. New ignition system is needed, either points or electronic as the old set was beyond repair. I have not bolted the head down as the new owner may want to hone the cylinder barrels. New gaskets have been used throughout and the rest of the new gasket set is included along with lots of other spares. The starter motor has been professionally tested and refurbished.

Even though this bike was never officially imported to the UK, parts are still easy to find on the web. The best sources I have used are David Silver spare (in the UK and very reasonably priced), cmsnl.com (has nearly every part for this bike but ships from around the world) and US eBay.

The bike and engine currently do not have matching numbers. This is because the part on the engine with the number was damaged and poorly repaired so I replaced it, I still have the original part (see photo)

The bike is not currently registered in the UK. I do have the paperwork from when it was imported and detailed instructions of how to register it in the UK. Haynes manual is included.

The bike is nearly complete, with some small parts missing, such as the front brake caliper and exhaust silencers. The frame and wheels are very solid and rust free. The tank seems solid too, just surface rust.

Any questions or if you would like more photos, please ask. Viewings are welcome. The bike is located near Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. 

Many thanks, Sam.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
This is not a rare bike, I have resorted 4 in total and the last time I went to DK, they had 3 containers full. The sales pitch that day was, buy two and get one free.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum.. No need for shame and you have started it at a reasonable price, so good luck and keep posting.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
I rode one of these in the states and I have to say I rather liked it.  If I had the time to spend on one I would buy.

Offline kettle738

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile

I had one of these back in the late seventies (when they were actually rare in the UK)....it was an Australian bike that the owner had ridden overland to the UK!

Despite that it was in lovely order and it flew, way faster than the four speed bombers....(even though I've always had a bit of a thing for them)...the five speeders were a vastly better bike and a bit of a bargain nowadays as so many US bikes have been imported.

Good luck with your sale...they're a really enjoyable and good looking engine to work on.

Mick.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal