CB466f

(1/29) > >>

Erwin83:
----------------

Update on page 7!

----------------
I've introduced myself here:
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,11327.msg84751.html#msg84751

Will continue in this thread with my project updates.

----------------

Hey guys,

just wanted to show you my re-upholstered Giuliari seat. The guy who did this is a real artist (www.toniworks.nl).
My original seat cover was ripped, torn, etc. so needed to be re-done. The choice was to go for an original-as-possible new cover, but we had a one hour brainstorm and came up with a plan to give it a little custom twist (as my bike is also almost original, but with a twist).

I'm super excited with the result:

I'll make some better pictures with a decent camera later, but I couldn't wait  ;D

mike the bike:
Nothing wrong with those pics.  The quality of that seat is outstanding.   Is that leather or 'other materials'  ?   
If you don't mine me asking, how much did that come to?  I've fitted a genuine BMW seat cover to my K75 but it's a bit thin and has punctured so I'm interested in something like yours,  maybe next year.

Erwin83:

--- Quote from: mike the bike on November 25, 2016, 09:14:27 AM ---Nothing wrong with those pics.  The quality of that seat is outstanding.   Is that leather or 'other materials'  ?   
If you don't mine me asking, how much did that come to?  I've fitted a genuine BMW seat cover to my K75 but it's a bit thin and has punctured so I'm interested in something like yours,  maybe next year.

--- End quote ---

I actually paid a little bit too less. He quoted me before we did the brainstorm, and the amount of work (logo's + diamond stitching) came to more then he anticipated (there is around 12 hours of work in this seat). But he was enthusiastic about the design and came through for the original price.
This should cost around 400 euro's including material (again, I paid less).
The cool thing is, that you can be done for 200 euro, getting a "standard" seat cover without anything custom, and you can make more budget for all the custom work as you like. For instance embroidery for logo's is quite expensive work, which is why we went for this 'rough' cutting and stitching of logo's, but with all the small cuting work there was still a lot of time required.

The material is "synthetic leather" (is it called skai in UK too?). With this guy, you can pick whatever material you like because he has specimen, much like when you buy new furniture.

I don't think real leather is very common on seats due to the influence of rain.

Piki:
Good Job mate!!! I have Stencils for Giuliari 750 Four Seats, if there any interested about it, contact me
Best Regards.

Pops400:
That looks great

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version