SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

CB466f

<< < (3/29) > >>

MarkCR750:
Looks good with those pipes, much neater.

Mag1:
Very nice workmanship there, top quality. Did your seat upholster supply the foam also?. Bike is a cracker also, very nice

Johnwebley:
very cool,

the seat and exhaust look good,are the exhausts paired 1-2 and 3-4 ?

how does it run and sound ?

Erwin83:
Nice spring day in holland today, so went out for some fun.

Thanks for the compliments all! Much appreciated.

The sound is... LOUD. Less of a screamer compared to a 4-1.
I would say pretty similar in tone compared to my old (inside) rotten 4-4, but without the rattle of rot ;-)
Pretty deep tone down low and really winds up higher up in the revs.

It's pared 1-2 / 3-4 indeed, with custom made Y pieces on each side of the frame.
It's similar to the 4 in 4 of the 350. Those are connected too, albeit a bit further back in the silencer.
After the Y pieces come a standard connection pipe with a 30-ish degree angle. Then comes the silencer.
Headers are original (chopped) of the 4in4.

It runs OK in the higher revs, but it won't idle comfortable yet. Also from idle away it needs feeding in order not to stall.
However I still need to make real work of the carb settings. Fiddling with that every ride now.

With regards to the seat: the upholsterer also did a renewal of the foam, but this being a original giuliari seat, means the bump is actually metal. There's a little storage space back there too.

Erwin83:
So, today a nice spring day in Holland. Decided to use it for some tinkering on the cb.
I set the valve clearance and replaced the ignition contact last week. So rode around to get some heat in the bike and connected my meters.

It turned out she was really waaaaay out of sync.
What a difference this makes!

I think i have the sync quite well now:

https://goo.gl/photos/MgckXHc2oFSr8Ygt5

Idle is good. Revs are good.
Nice popping and brapping in the exhaust when throttle is closed.

Only improvement should be the pick-up from idle to throttle. It feels like it dies and needs some throttle play to run in revs.
Any advice?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version