Author Topic: Mobile coverage  (Read 1648 times)

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Mobile coverage
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2016, 09:06:39 PM »
The NFC I thought came originally from things like security tags in shops. You've got them in quite alot of credit and travel type cards now. My cards in my wallet (apparently because they're packed together)  keep grassing me up even as I enter the supermarkets, causing great suspicion.

The whole thing is getting a bit out of hand, I'm fearing one of those bend over and rubber glove type interviews at some point. I know the security guard at local Tesco so well, I'm invited round to his for Christmas dinner. Yes I checked, he has got the Brussels sprouts on already.

I don't even have a smart phone, or one with a camera. It just rings and I speak to someone I know, usually. Except for the man who keeps ringing me to see if I've been so careless as to have an accident. These conversations have usually gone on a bit as he thinks somebody in my household is due an accident, so it must be god. Don't know how he got my number, didn't even know he came from the Punjab! Anyway, I usually give the impression that I'm affected by altziemers, which eventually ends up with him hanging up on me. Thought god had more patience, possibly he used too many rupee.

Anyway back to NFC, if you've got it enabled, it can be something as simple as a blue tooth speaker or other device that comes into range. The initial protocols I think are discussed by these devices via NFC then goes about agreeing and setting up Bluetooth to further communicate. May happen in equipped cars as well for hands free.

It's a weird world  in which your phone can be talking behind your back to your cards and any other device it feels is attractive, the little floozie. Digital incontinence I guess.

Finally, couple of mates use Tesco which simply seems to work most places.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal