Author Topic: The ultimate Honda tool  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
The ultimate Honda tool
« on: December 30, 2016, 12:06:38 PM »
Well, it has been a long search to find one of these early 70's tools, and to find one in such good condition is a result  :)

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: The ultimate Honda tool
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 12:23:49 PM »
Well, it has been a long search to find one of these early 70's tools, and to find one in such good condition is a result  :)

great news !! it looks superb !!

so.what does it do ???
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 12:46:59 PM »
It is a valve seat grinder and stone dresser John. These were never for sale, as far as I know. They were given to Honda bike and car work shops back in the late 60's early 70's, only if they had a valve seating problem on a car or bike head.

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 03:20:29 PM »
Indeed a right fancy bit of kit.

Only heard about them,  never seen one. A friend had his F2 head done (think it was Ryes of Fulham, or could have been Tippets Surbiton)  with new valve guides and valves under warranty years ago.

Is that what they referred to as, three angle seat cutter?

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 03:52:36 PM »
Indeed a right fancy bit of kit.

Only heard about them,  never seen one. A friend had his F2 head done (think it was Ryes of Fulham, or could have been Tippets Surbiton)  with new valve guides and valves under warranty years ago.

Is that what they referred to as, three angle seat cutter?

A seat cutter is a different bit of kit. To cut a Honda valve seat is tricky, Honda use a grinder for the 37.5, 63.5 and 45 angle. Luckily I got the whole kit with all the stones to fit everything from a C50 to Honda Z coupe 600cc car.

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 04:23:06 PM »
As you said,  a nice result to get something like that. Bet you're well pleased.

That 600z, there was a small local car show near me last year and one of those was exhibited. He'd owned it for a long time and showed me all through it. Really interesting as I'd not looked at one closely before, 9,500 rpm red line too.

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 05:55:23 PM »
Awesome. I hope some of my engines may see that set put to good use :-)... great score.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 11:17:51 PM »
Awesome. I hope some of my engines may see that set put to good use :-)... great score.

Your engines have already had this tool used on them  ;)

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 09:20:21 AM »

Your engines have already had this tool used on them  ;)
Ohhh happy days...!

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2016, 09:30:30 AM »
Yeah we had one of those at Queenies, used it a few times. Makes a racket I can tell you, a really high pitched whine.

And I thought you was going to say that you have 2 NOS ones of those in your loft Ken ;D

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2016, 08:55:03 PM »
No, actually I only have 4 of those NOS Graham  :) :) :)

I'm currently in the process of converting the loft into a storage room, flooring the rafters, installing cupboards, shelving etc. Most of the stuff up there is just sort of in a big heap at present, makes it hard to find things. I've just found a brand new chain and sprocket set for the 500, don't even remember buying this. I may find some stuff I know I have but can't find, I found some NOS black crank shells the other day, hanging on to those as they are REALLY hard to find. When the price is right I'll sell them on, for some reason I only have 9 of them, no idea where the 10th one has gone too.

I don't have the 10th one Ken  ;D If you had 4 nos ones, I would advise you to sell and retire, as I have been on the search for over 11 years and they are rare, and not cheap :'(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal