SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Cb550f1 carb petrol coming out of overflow

(1/2) > >>

Glynnrg:
Morning to all
I have removed the carbs and cleaned fitted rebuild kit the rebuild kit came with 3 small rubber o rings not sure where they went and looking at other rebuild kits u could get they wernt always included (so didn't fit them)
Before I fitted them back on the bike I put petrol through them on the bench one of the carbs is still leaking via the overflow is this the norm or have I still got a problem
Any ideas what could be causing this and any solutions
Ps the floats don't seem to be sticking
Many thanks and a happy new year

kevski:
If you have replaced the needle valves and seats this is probably the cause, i have always found the replacement parts not quite up to the job, so now when i do this job on any carb i polish the tip of the valve  and the seat gets a small going over also, to do this i get a piece of stiff card and put a hole in it using a sewing needle i then put a speck of autosol on the hole and push the float needle into it twisting it back and forth i normally do this for about a minute just to polish it up slightly, i then clean it up using white spirit, the seats i polish slightly using autosol and a wooden cocktail stick for about the same amount of time and clean off again with white spirit this takes of any slight burrs on the parts which can let fuel by, i have been doing this for many years and it always works, i also use in-line filters to ensure no particles from the tank get in the carbs and cause problems.

Glynnrg:
Thanx I'll give it a go

mickwinf:
dont do this if they are rubber tipped

kevski:

--- Quote from: mickwinf on January 01, 2017, 08:40:14 PM ---dont do this if they are rubber tipped

--- End quote ---
Of course not, i should have stated that, but common sense is something that should realize that, they should be all metal needle valves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version