Author Topic: CB250RS Parts Book  (Read 1460 times)

Offline Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
CB250RS Parts Book
« on: January 13, 2017, 10:00:15 PM »
I’ve decided to put the nearly completed project 400 into hibernation for the next couple of months before balancing the carbs and taking it to its MOT, it’s not the weather to ride it at the moment and I have the Blackbird as my daily bike. I’ll post some completed photos of the 400 on the site when it’s all completely finished.
In the meantime……….I’ve started tearing down the CB250RSA to give it a cosmetic rebuild. I have no intention to strip the engine as it only has 14k on the clock and I changed the oil every 1000 miles although being the 5th owner I am tempted to at least take a look at the cam whilst the engine is out.
One problem I do have is obtaining a parts book similar to the one Honda produced for the 400, does anyone know if these are available anywhere? The only parts lists available appear to be on microfiche and I don’t have a microfiche reader!  I’m making lots of notes during the strip down and taking plenty of photos but nothing compares to a parts book to detail where everything should go and bolt lengths, oil seals etc.

Does anyone have any experience of repainting these engines and what paint to use, the existing black semi-gloss finish has peeled in a few places and I don’t really want to strip the motor to repaint everything individually, it will lead to an expensive engine re-build! I will be replacing/replating all the engine bolts etc as part of the restoration.

Dave
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

Offline AndyD

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: CB250RS Parts Book
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 06:48:46 PM »
Dave,
If it's not a rush I probably will have a fiche and also have a scanner to save the images onto the pc. Takes a bit of time to scan and convert the images but ends up with a decent PDF file.
I can look in the morning to see what fiches I've got if you haven't found anything yet.
Cheers
Andy

Offline Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 12:07:21 PM »
Thank you Andy, your offer is fantastic news. 
I took a walk to my local Honda dealer yesterday who told me all part lists from the late 70's were only available on Microfiche, nothing was printed on paper!
I began the strip down late yesterday whilst taking lots of photos making pages of notes and wondering why I was in a freezing cold garage! I'll post some photos of the rebuild as it progresses.
Let me know of any costs involved for copying and postage etc.
Thanks again.
Dave
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

Offline AndyD

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 02:58:23 PM »
Dave,
I've got a few fiches for the RS so have scanned in the most recent one and transferred it into a pdf file. 
It's about 10mb in size so I can either email it if that's OK your end or can stick it on CD and trust postie to do his stuff.

Cheers,
Andy

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 03:54:11 PM »
Dave,
I've got a few fiches for the RS so have scanned in the most recent one and transferred it into a pdf file. 
It's about 10mb in size so I can either email it if that's OK your end or can stick it on CD and trust postie to do his stuff.

Cheers,
Andy
Or you could upload it to the forum's knowledge base in the Aladdin's cave section, then it is there for all members in the future! ;D
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline AndyD

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 02:42:25 PM »
Very happy to - just no idea how to do it!
If I can figure out how, I'll stick it there and hopefully be of use.

Cheers,
Andy

Offline Chris400F

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 09:23:07 AM »
Very happy to - just no idea how to do it!
If I can figure out how, I'll stick it there and hopefully be of use.

Cheers,
Andy
I recently scanned a CB250/360 G5 Parts List for Ashimoto.
I put it in my Dropbox account and he picked it up from there and added it to his Dropbox. linked from the Misc/Open pages.
That mat be a solution to making your book available to all.
If you don't already have a Dropbox account it is very easy to create, even I managed it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal