Author Topic: Cb 550 motogadget m unit  (Read 2685 times)

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
Re: Cb 550 motogadget m unit
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 06:13:11 PM »
Try grounding the grey wire that goes to the centre of the switch and have the light blue & orange wires from the switch going go the M unit.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline Niko

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 01:26:57 PM »
Hello all.. I'm new to this forum and currently have a '77' cb550 supersport as my first cafe build! I'm getting through the project and really enjoying it! I am fast approaching the wiring harness and several attempts have been made in cleaning it up but I am losing patience! I would like to fit everything under the seat in a fabricated tray but looking at it every night with a puzzled face as to how it's going to fit is getting tiresome!
I really like the look of the motogadget m unit and was wondering how easy this is to fit with stock everything.. switches ignition controls lights etc! The only aftermarket component I have is a universal speedo with all the idiot lights built in!
Any experiences advice would be very welcomed! Thanks in advance!
Alan

Im running a motogadget on my cb550, installation is easy once you get your head around how everything needs to be connected. charging system is the only real pain with it, but i can advise you on that if you need help. Stock switches wont work with the m unit, youll have to use motogadget switches or any other switches which are momentary ones, the m uit doesnt like the toggle switches for the indicators, doesnt recognise when they are cancelled. Everything else stock will work fine.
Cheers
Phil

It does if you configure them in the lighting menu.....works just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Niko

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 01:27:29 PM »
Hello all.. I'm new to this forum and currently have a '77' cb550 supersport as my first cafe build! I'm getting through the project and really enjoying it! I am fast approaching the wiring harness and several attempts have been made in cleaning it up but I am losing patience! I would like to fit everything under the seat in a fabricated tray but looking at it every night with a puzzled face as to how it's going to fit is getting tiresome!
I really like the look of the motogadget m unit and was wondering how easy this is to fit with stock everything.. switches ignition controls lights etc! The only aftermarket component I have is a universal speedo with all the idiot lights built in!
Any experiences advice would be very welcomed! Thanks in advance!
Alan

Im running a motogadget on my cb550, installation is easy once you get your head around how everything needs to be connected. charging system is the only real pain with it, but i can advise you on that if you need help. Stock switches wont work with the m unit, youll have to use motogadget switches or any other switches which are momentary ones, the m uit doesnt like the toggle switches for the indicators, doesnt recognise when they are cancelled. Everything else stock will work fine.
Cheers
Phil

It does if you configure them in the lighting menu.....works just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal