Author Topic: Stock Indicator Switch Gear CB750 K6  (Read 747 times)

Greebo

Stock Indicator Switch Gear CB750 K6
« on: February 08, 2017, 09:32:25 AM »
Has anyone changed the indicator switch gear, I find the problem with the stock set up is cancelling them "Awkward", so I am thinking of changing to a push-to-cancel set-up like on more modern bikes. its just knowing what will fit and also look right, any ideas guys ?

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
Re: Stock Indicator Switch Gear CB750 K6
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 09:56:32 AM »
The modern push -to-cancel switches rely on electronics to do the cancelling.  I can't see how that would wotk with the old fashioned flasher relay unless you can make an additional bit of circuitry.   Easy enough if you're into electronics.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Greebo

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 11:27:44 AM »
The modern push -to-cancel switches rely on electronics to do the cancelling.  I can't see how that would wotk with the old fashioned flasher relay unless you can make an additional bit of circuitry.   Easy enough if you're into electronics.

Mike my skills in electronics & my patience compare with a "chocolate fire guard"...seems its best left alone... :o

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 02:36:53 PM »
There were some bikes in the 70's that had push to cancel indicators, and I'm sure they wouldn't have relied on complex electronics. One from memory that certainly was push to cancel was the Yam#%a RD 125 twin, the old air cooled one, a mate bought one new in 76.
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 02:54:15 PM »
My GS1000 had one and that was late 70s, T reg I think.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline Chris400F

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 03:33:49 PM »
I also remember that at least some of the RD range in the late 70's / early 80's had this type of indicator.
The CB-1 (NC27) I owned also had them, and there were no clever electronics to control it.
I think everything was cleverly mechanical within the switch.
However the switch on these bikes had no integral mount for the clutch lever, and the connectors would doubtless have been different.
So you could do something if you wanted to Greebo, it just depends how much trouble you want to go.

Greebo

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 10:06:27 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys.

I guess it could be too much hassle... :)

I just find that when switching the indicators off if [returning the switch to the centre position, which can also be distracting] if you go a tad too far the opposite side blinker comes on & its not always immediatley noticeable ...obviously very dangerous if its left on.. :o

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal