SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Carbs wet plugs on startup

(1/2) > >>

Colonial-Clive (yindi):
Hello, me again got the 550 running but one problem on startup with chock plugs 1&2 get wet change them out and bike then runs fine. I have cleaned carbs and replaced all rubbers with vitriol ones bench set slides and turned mix out from stop 1 full turn. There is no over flow so I'm assuming the flots are set ok! Thanks for any suggestions that could help. Clive

deltarider:
Are overflow tubes free? Are the little O-rings around the mainjets OK and do they seal well?

Johnwebley:
are 1 & 2 on the left?

is the bike left on the side stand ?

maybe the needle valves are leaking a little,with the fueltap ?

1 & 2 use seperate ignition systems,but check plug gaps etc

Colonial-Clive (yindi):
Deltarider over flow clean and all carbs striped and cleaned.
Johnwelby new seals in fuel tap bike starts but only runs on 2 change plugs and it's fine?

Colonial-Clive (yindi):
I had just sent off my carbs to gerber who has been mentioned on here for good refurbish when blow me down I read an article about ohm resistance and plug spark, well I went too the garage and not only do I have resister plug caps but also resistor sparke plugs, this apparently gives around 10,000 ohms of resistance which results in weak spark! So maybe a combination of carbs and plugs or it could of been just the plugs I will never know  As I'm sorting both!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version