SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Odd Master Cylinder Weep

(1/2) > >>

paulbaker1954:
Help

I seem to have a small amount of brake fluid leaking from around the top hose joint to the master cylinder.

I have replaced both banjo washer with new copper ones and replaced the bolt. There is no fluid on the hose it would seem is fine.

If I wipe it all clean and leave for a day or so I find fluid around the top of the rubber boot.

Given that fluid can't climb up from the joint into the boot this now mystifying me

Anyone got any bright ideas

peterengland:
Mine does the same but causes no problems at all, in fact I have not even had to top it up in 3 years!

Green1:
My Master cylinder was weeping under pressure and weeping around the cap.
I think the wind was blowing the fluid around the threaded part of the master cylinder when on the move and when parked up it was running down the side and gathering under the boot.
After changing the rubber diaphragm it stopped 

paulbaker1954:
Thanks
I had come to the conclusion it was the cap

Ordered new one so fingers crossed

florence:
I replaced the rubber seal in the cap of my master cylinder and was rather annoyed to find it leaked a very small amout of fluid.  However, after a week or two of checking and re-tightening the leak mysteriously stopped all by itself and has been fine ever since.  I guess it must have needed to bed in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version