SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Yikes!!!! Water water everywhere

(1/5) > >>

Ashdowner:
Just took the exhausts of my 550K3 and was stunned at the amount of brown water that came out of 2 of them when I tipped them up. If it's condensation then it must have built up over a long time. Has anyone else experienced the same and if so what's the solution? (no pun intended)

hairygit:
Check the drain holes are not blocked, avoid short journeys, and when you do go out on it make sure the engine and exhaust system get REALLY hot, that helps boil the liquid out of the pipes.

Nurse Julie:
If I took the exhaust off my 400/4 I have no doubt I would find the same problem. When I start the bike from cold I get copious amounts of more black than brown water come out of the silencer. I did mention it on here last year and others also experience this problem.........piddling pipes I think we called it  ;D ;D ;D

kevski:
It will always happen, and even more now modern fuel attracts water like a sponge, and even when the exhaust is dried out by a good long run, when it cools down it will again attract moisture the only thing you can do is ensure the drain holes are clear to help or like my self if it's a really good condition exhaust system replace it with a stainless delkevic and keep the originals on a stand indoors.

Green1:
All mine fill up don't worry to much just enjoy the sound track.
You could always fill them with oil but they would smoke a bit when refitted.
I won't be swapping mine for aftermarket pipes. Why would you want to hide them away?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version