SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Dismantling carburettors - or not.

(1/2) > >>

Ashdowner:
Can someone write the missing page that the Haynes manual couldn't be bothered to include please? I'm dismantling the carbs for blasting. Despite the odd spots of corrosion I (and Andy the Motorcycle Doctor in Ashurst Wood East Grinstead who deserves every plug he can get) have managed to get everything off the throttle except the No. 1 carb slide arm. Firstly, having removed it's locking screw and despite copious amounts of WD40 it's stuck fast. When (if) I do manage to free it, does the shaft just slide out of the carb body towards the other carbs?. I ask because on it's end it has a brass washer which looks as though it wouldn't just pull out of the carb body UNLESS you have to remove the metal plug in the carb body on the other side and take it out that way. .

Chris400F:
Have you tried looking in the Honda Shop Manual (in Ashimoto's Dropbox)?
I don't know how it compares to the Haynes version, may be worth a look.

Bryanj:
Thats the 'orrible K3 carbs-----never got that far always bined them

Ashdowner:
Yes Bryan they are indeed the said horrible carbs, but at the mo they are all I have. What did you put on instead?

Bryanj:
Just cleaned the insides till it ran and sold it quick!!!! I think I have some spare bodies with assorted parts if you want to pay carriage. At least one float and pin missing along with the 'orrible press in pilots

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version