Other Stuff > Interchangeability

CB500K1 1972 airbox

<< < (2/3) > >>

Trigger:
Found one >> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CB500-CB500k-CB-500-1973-AIR-CLEANER-FILTER-CASE-AND-BRACKETS-/371872115307?hash=item56954e2a6b

matthewmosse:
Pretty sure I have a spare all there bar the tool tray and wire cover and the rubbers. Ones from other models fit. I'd not be put off by one being missing. One of my cb500's sported a K&N filter in place of the stock filter box but looked original as the phlenem chamber and tool tray were retained. Best setup I've ever owned. Ulta reliable and easy to start and used to reguarly spin the rear wheel on the bike - I fitted a k3 setup complete to get better economy which it did but no ammount of messing with carbs or exhausts got the responsiveness and power delivery quite the same. Like you I prefer to keep things stock but that setup did work and will be re instated in favour of the original kit I last fitted. Pods for me were a short lived experiment, pretty hopeless in snow or floods, never got as far as summer on the cb500. Worked well, mostly on my bmw r90, but I lost a few to flood water commuting in bad weather.

petermigreen:

--- Quote from: Trigger on March 04, 2017, 10:05:43 PM ---Found one >> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CB500-CB500k-CB-500-1973-AIR-CLEANER-FILTER-CASE-AND-BRACKETS-/371872115307?hash=item56954e2a6b

--- End quote ---
Cool, thanks Trigger. Don't know (from the pictures) if the filter case is missing. I guess I meant the plenum, that's what I meant by the airbox. The airbox to carb rubbers are clearly missing but I know these are easily available to buy.
Still waiting for response from seller but sure patience will provide an answer once office hours resume.

Thanks again, Peter.

petermigreen:

--- Quote from: matthewmosse on March 04, 2017, 10:29:22 PM ---Pretty sure I have a spare all there bar the tool tray and wire cover and the rubbers. Ones from other models fit. I'd not be put off by one being missing. One of my cb500's sported a K&N filter in place of the stock filter box but looked original as the phlenem chamber and tool tray were retained. Best setup I've ever owned. Ulta reliable and easy to start and used to reguarly spin the rear wheel on the bike - I fitted a k3 setup complete to get better economy which it did but no ammount of messing with carbs or exhausts got the responsiveness and power delivery quite the same. Like you I prefer to keep things stock but that setup did work and will be re instated in favour of the original kit I last fitted. Pods for me were a short lived experiment, pretty hopeless in snow or floods, never got as far as summer on the cb500. Worked well, mostly on my bmw r90, but I lost a few to flood water commuting in bad weather.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for that, not sure if you have the plenum spare though?
Peter.

petermigreen:
May be in luck, I'm hoping this is correct for the K1?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CB500-CB500k-CB-500-1973-AIR-CLEANER-FILTER-CHAMBER-/401279165771?hash=item5d6e1a254b:g:sZgAAOSw4A5YqrLR

Thanks, Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version