SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

power for sat-nav

(1/4) > >>

Johnwebley:
hi all,

just need advise on which is the best place to connect a power lead for a sat-nav ?
 ideally it will be switched on/off via the ignition,the negative lead can just be earthed ,

thanks in advance,

bike is CB500 K2 ,as my profile pic

Tomb:
If just for Satnav I always take a live from inside the headlight bucket, that way its a switched live, and run an inline fuse. You can easily find a switched live with a multimeter or bulb and wire.

However when travelling abroad touring/camping I found I wanted to use a cig lighter socket for phone charging, this I wanted to do whilst the bike was parked so now have a permanently live socket under a sidepanel where I can stash the phone hidden. I use a £60 car Garmin SatNav so the cig socket is ideal for both jobs. Just a consideration.

Johnwebley:
thanks Tomb,

I have a permanent USB socket for the phone,but wanted a switchable supply for the handlebar mounted sat-nav,

Chris400F:
Black wire looks to be switched live, and from the wiring diagram only the front stop light switch appears to be plugged in to a double connector so maybe a spare connection there.
If you are planning a socket near the handlebars what sort are you intending to use? Presumably it needs to be weather proof.

hairygit:
John, I have to ask WHY? You're of a generation that can read maps!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version