SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

CB500K2 fork leg lowers

(1/4) > >>

petermigreen:
Okay, I noticed an oddity with my fork leg lowers, that being I seem to have an additional boss on the right leg that mirrors that of the left leg where the brake mechanism is bolted to the leg.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

It's shown here on the uppermost leg and the boss in question is the closest to the floor.

I think I may have seen this feature on the 550 forks (not sure).

So question is, are these forks a later version/some sort of different spec or what?

Not really worried as they are good functional forks but just curious and wonder if geometry might be affected if a different length from stock.

Or maybe they are correct but just rare?

I welcome any comments/ideas.

Thanks team.
Peter.

Johnwebley:
I had to buy a set like that when I upgraded to twin Disc,

possibly later forks fitted after a front ender,or the PO was going to fit twin discs,

to my knowledge the basic dimencions are the same

deltarider:

--- Quote ---So question is, are these forks a later version/some sort of different spec or what?
--- End quote ---
The CB500K2 (ED, F, G) 1976 had them standard, I don't know about the CB500K2 (A) that was on the market in 1973.

toucheturtle:
I've got an Italian K2 import, both legs have brakes bosses and are stamped 341 which is the later leg as fitted to the 550. The yoke pinch bolts are slightly bigger than the K1 and the headlight brackets have seperate indicator holes as well

Bryanj:
As long as they are fitted as pairs there will be no problems at all

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version