Author Topic: Confused by my indicators.  (Read 1407 times)

Offline BigAl (Alan)

• SOHC Pro
  • Hope its sunny at the weekend
    • View Profile
    • www.alans-electrics.co.uk
Re: Confused by my indicators.
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2017, 07:15:19 PM »
I have attached a coloured wiring image from the Clymer manual (CB750 K6) which indicates..!..sorry...left,1 + left,2  & right,1 + right,2 (brown/blue=buzzer circuit)
The 1st position will operate the indicators,  the 2nd position  operates the indicators & buzzer. (I have a K4 and it's not fitted with this type of switch)
As previous post, the K2 (USA) version did have a lower push switch to omit the buzzer, and the throttle friction adjuster was discontinued after K4.

Current bikes:-
Honda CB750 K4 (1974) USA
Honda XL500S (1980) UK
Honda CD175 sloper (1968) UK
Honda CB1100A (2013) UK
www.alans-electrics.co.uk

Offline rusty nuts

• Bikes Cb 750 matchless g3l .times 2 1941 and 1949
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2017, 09:13:13 PM »
On my 750 i scrapped the buzzer its a us thing why do you need it you can see them working. When i had the headlight bracket off i ground the spot welds and took the buzzer off.

DaveB

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 11:25:13 PM »
I have attached a coloured wiring image from the Clymer manual (CB750 K6) which indicates..!..sorry...left,1 + left,2  & right,1 + right,2 (brown/blue=buzzer circuit)
The 1st position will operate the indicators,  the 2nd position  operates the indicators & buzzer. (I have a K4 and it's not fitted with this type of switch)
As previous post, the K2 (USA) version did have a lower push switch to omit the buzzer, and the throttle friction adjuster was discontinued after K4.

Thanks, that supports the Honda circuit diagram in the K6 supplement. However, the positions on the actual switch remain elusive unless the first position is simply where the indicators start flashing and you have to hold it there, and the second position is when it clicks locked to the side?

Also, if the throttle friction adjuster was discontinued from the K5, I'm guessing that means the switch on my K6 has been replaced with an earlier one?

Thanks again.

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 03:05:43 PM »
  the first position is simply where the indicators start flashing and you have to hold it there, and the second position is when it clicks locked to the side?
Hit the nail on the head.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal