SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Brake pipes

(1/2) > >>

Johnwebley:
about 4 or 5 years ago I fitted twin discs,during this I renewed the lower flexi brake pipesm,

fast forward to yesterday,,the MOT tester said I need to  renew both as the outer casing is cracked through to the inners,
bare in mind the original Honda pipe lasted about 35 years,do you think 5 years is satisfactory for a modern replacement ???

I prefer the covered look,not shiny mesh ,

what do you think ?

Trigger:
Are you saying that you have the mesh type with a clear cover John ? And if it is through to the inner, they would be leaking.

mike the bike:
I disguised my braided hoses with black shrink wrap,  if that's any help.

Johnwebley:

--- Quote from: Trigger on April 04, 2017, 07:27:10 PM ---Are you saying that you have the mesh type with a clear cover John ? And if it is through to the inner, they would be leaking.

--- End quote ---

ordinary ribbed rubber outer ,looks like standard,

hairygit:
I've had similar problems with modern replacements, the rubber seems to harden and crack a lot faster/sooner than the originals. Probably some bonkers bit of E.U. legislation saying they can no longer use certain chemicals/additives any more in the manufacture (similar problem with glues without solvents that don't stick, and paint stripper, that no longer does!) I bought some braided stainless brake hoses that were available with PVC sheathing on top, choice of 20 colours from barbie pink (think nurse Julie ) to gloss black and semi matt black which looks like the originals from 4ft. No problem since fitting those!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version