SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Do 400/4 rear mudguards /fenders fit a cb550f

(1/4) > >>

peteuk:
Hi, I have replaced lots of parts on my cb550f for new including a new front mudguard from David Silver. Problem is, the rear mudguard chrome is really pitted and I'd like to replace it for new. D.Silver doesn't sell them and I can't find anywhere else that does either but I noticed on eBay that there were a few places selling new reproduction 400/4 mudguards. They look the same on the photo but could anyone tell if they would fit.
Thanks

mickwinf:
If i recall correctly they can be made to fit, as David Silvers used to sell them to fit the 500/550s and included a adapter plate to make the bolt holes line up.

Trigger:
No, it doesn't fit the bade is different and the 400 is a 18" wheel.

matthewmosse:
The rear guard my cb500 came with when I bought it, I was told was actually a cb400 item according to some who saw it - car park experts so I cannot vouch for their knowledge though I think some seemed to know their stuff. In any event it was deffinately different to what it should have been, narrower for starters. I didn't mind at all, it fitted and did its job til tin worm thinned it past the point where it was going to be ok for another year. I think it was once chrome, but it had been painted black and that is how I kept it. Decent or even ratty chrome rear guards are a bit hard to come by, I've picked up a few fiberglass pattern items that seem to be very cb500 orientated and in my books they are a easier to live with and therefore better solution, even well looked after bikes the chrome ones go as the layers on the back hold water and rot.

peteuk:
Okay thanks for the advice. Especially the fact that the 400/4 has 18" wheels not 19" like my 550f. So with that in mind, I've seen a really decent cb750 rear mudguard but it doesn't say what model ie k0, k1 etc. Could one of these be to fit and look okay do you think . Thanks again

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version