Author Topic: Anyone notice DK have a few Jap imports listed  (Read 674 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Anyone notice DK have a few Jap imports listed
« on: May 19, 2017, 12:34:11 AM »
Anyone notice DK have listed a few Jap imports from 'The Land of the Rising Yen' recently.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1988-Honda-GB250-Unregistered-Jap-Import-Barn-Find-Classic-Restoration-Project-/311875303549?hash=item489d37787d:g:aAsAAOSw~FJZHZ1t

I asked them a few years ago if they would ever be importing from Japan. They said they used to have an office there but deemed importing uneconomical at that time.

Look at this for a rare bike ..not only is it one of the 1st CB72's .. I suspect a 1961.... It's a Type '2' engine (360 ° crank)

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/o180711877
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Woodside

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone notice DK have a few Jap imports listed
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 06:58:35 AM »
Importing from Japan is a nightmare...
If I'm correct you need to be a registered company and have residence also various permis are required .
You cannot just roll up of off the street like here in the UK...
I only know this as a good friend of mine used to import plant machinery and has now slipped  into bikes..
They used to pop the odd one into the containers to fill space but now I think the bikes are more profitable

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone notice DK have a few Jap imports listed
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 08:28:32 AM »
Importing from Japan is a nightmare...
If I'm correct you need to be a registered company and have residence also various permis are required .
You cannot just roll up of off the street like here in the UK...
I only know this as a good friend of mine used to import plant machinery and has now slipped  into bikes..
They used to pop the odd one into the containers to fill space but now I think the bikes are more profitable

You are probably correct Jason but there are some incredibly nice classic bikes and parts there. I got a package only this week with a pair of front mudguards late and early style plus a rear one  for a CB72/77 and NOS chrome fork ribs for it ... I found these very  easily within a week of searching for them .. they are all rocking horse poo over here and in Europe, even America .. ..Unlike you experience with  sellers quite often over here, I find  the  parts are always better than described and beautifully packed. Definitely worth the effort IMHO
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal