Author Topic: Paint - The blurg defeated  (Read 6579 times)

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Paint - the return of the blurg
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2018, 08:57:53 AM »
Only just spotted the final pics Dave.

Wow - she looks stunning, absolutely stunning. Glad the hard work/wait has paid off.

James

Offline Menno

• SOHC Expert
  • www.tanklackieren.de
    • View Profile
Re: Paint - the return of the blurg
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2018, 11:12:53 AM »
Hi Dave, that is indeed a very nice bike. Really beautiful.
I am proud I could contribute a bit of work to complete your bike.

Thank you for the pictures.
I will pick one and put it on my site in the near future.

So lets change this post from 'return of the blurg' to:

The blurg defeated.

Cheers, Menno.

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
    • View Profile
Re: Paint - The blurg defeated
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2018, 07:14:18 PM »
More glamour photography from behind the bins. The oil change sticker is one of Piki's.

And out on the moors. Note to self: Turn the bloody petrol tap off when you stop, but do double check that you turn it back on before you set off again - it may start OK with what's in the float bowls, but you don't get far.  :-[   

Thanks for all your comments, and yes, thankyou Menno, I have changed the thread title  8)

Menno, I am sending the funny shaped (for the German post) plastic box back to you, with the CL450 tank, panels, headlamp shell and ears inside. Tank and panels for the same candy blue as James' CL450, there is a paint sample where I removed a panel badge that has only seen the light in the last week after being in the dark since 1969 - see my CL450 resto thread for a photo.

One of the cross pipes at the back of the tank is blocked, despite me pushing bits of wire down, hopefully this will clear when the acid has done its thing. Petrol came out when I drained it, so hopefully its something that hasn't been stuck in there for long A blast from your airline may do it, I only had a footpump.  :(

I hope this is all Ok, Menno look out for the return of the funny shaped box.  :) The German Postal Service wanted to charge Menno much extra to send it back to me, with my tank inside, because it was an irregular shape. He took it home, put the box inside a larger oblong carton and took it back. Hey Presto - no problem! Very German, as he says.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 03:57:27 PM by MrDavo »
1969 Honda CL450 'Scrambler'
1974 Kawasaki Z1A
2005 Harley XL1200R Sportster
1985 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Sport
1978 VW Bay Window camper van

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal