Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Mag1

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2017, 11:11:07 PM »
Ohh I see, but it's not to bad. I used wire brush attachments to drill, as ones for grinders is to harsh for engines. You will get there, don't worry about the hard to remove paint just the loose stuff as engine paint is thick and can even this out when painting.
Honda CB750K7 1977
Yamaha XS750e 1977
Vespa 100 (being restored)

Offline Clunker

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2017, 11:48:41 PM »
The frame paint was also in a bad way but I don't have any after pics yet. I have rubbed the frame down and repainted it as much as possible without pulling the engine or harness, the idea is ( ;D ;D ;D LOL!) to ride her ASAP while summer ?? is still here. I'm not planning on painting the engine until the bike gets a total refurb, that will probably be in a couple of years after I've had some time to really get to know her.
Usually sat on a bucket polishing my nuts.

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2017, 06:27:51 AM »
That sounds like a good plan.   
I recommend a stainless steel scourer to shift the engine paint and thr back end of a steel rule for the thick stuff
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline Clunker

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 10:19:45 AM »
The frame is mostly touched up and most of the shiney bits have had the toothbrush and Autosol treatment. The Comstar rear fits like a glove (well, like a wheel really) and the replacement shocks look the part but I'm waiting on some s/steel washers to beef them out a bit as they are about 5mm thinner on the top mounting. The side panel badges were knocked up on my laptop and printer with white decal paper until I can get replacements. Did I already mention that I've got a budget of sweet FA?

Offline Clunker

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 10:33:17 AM »
The seat is a replacement as the original had what looked like fag burns and I had to saw a couple of indicator brackets of the grab rail as it was from a different model. The swing arm was blasted in my shed and repainted using Humbrol paint and a small brush. The chain guard is also a replacement, the original was black and to be honest, looked crap, needed blinging up a bit  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal