Author Topic: Just a quick hello from a newbie.  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Mag1

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Just a quick hello from a newbie.
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2017, 08:56:49 PM »
Welcome pal, what's the plans for your brat won't you need the fuel tank, I would build up a list of what's good and what is not on the bike you have. Then refurbish what is needed. Believe me it's a expensive thing to do, but if your committed then there is loads of help on here and advice. does the bike start?, any rattles etc, if the engine is good leave it alone and just clean it up. Enjoy
Honda CB750K7 1977
Yamaha XS750e 1977
Vespa 100 (being restored)

Offline Mag1

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2017, 08:58:10 PM »
Sorry, you said it does not start, doh. Yep clean carbs and get engine up and running.
Honda CB750K7 1977
Yamaha XS750e 1977

Offline jonny1985wxm

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2017, 09:02:27 PM »
Welcome pal, what's the plans for your brat won't you need the fuel tank, I would build up a list of what's good and what is not on the bike you have. Then refurbish what is needed. Believe me it's a expensive thing to do, but if your committed then there is loads of help on here and advice. does the bike start?, any rattles etc, if the engine is good leave it alone and just clean it up. Enjoy
Hey, thanks very much. I won't need the tank as I'm changing it up for a xs650 tank. I guess my inspiration was the walking dead bike (Daryl Dixon) but I'm not going so out there lol. I'm fortunate to have just started a new work venture so bit of pocket money to spend on this. I literally haven't started the bike yet. I'm waiting on a few things to arrive e.g. Battery, compression tester, oil, new spark plug, and loads of carb cleaner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mag1

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2017, 09:43:49 PM »
Just had a look at that bike for walking dead, you got your work cut out. Upside down fork conversion, you will get most of the triple trees and stems at cognito plus bearings. Try yam r6 forks and triple trees. Keep us posted. Keen to see this.  Before you chop and cut everything you don't need, measure out your seat pan and lug points for bolting down seat, under tray and battery storage. You will also need to strengthen the frame at this section also. Enjoy building this and don't give up, help / advice is on hand. Before buying parts, ask on here first for Honda parts for engines, frame parts or electrics as most on here will have this and can source it or make it.
Honda CB750K7 1977
Yamaha XS750e 1977

Offline jonny1985wxm

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2017, 09:47:16 PM »
Just had a look at that bike for walking dead, you got your work cut out. Upside down fork conversion, you will get most of the triple trees and stems at cognito plus bearings. Try yam r6 forks and triple trees. Keep us posted. Keen to see this.  Before you chop and cut everything you don't need, measure out your seat pan and lug points for bolting down seat, under tray and battery storage. You will also need to strengthen the frame at this section also. Enjoy building this and don't give up, help / advice is on hand. Before buying parts, ask on here first for Honda parts for engines, frame parts or electrics as most on here will have this and can source it or make it.

I'm defo not going for the r6 forks etc as this is way out of my spend funds!  Thanks so much for the advice and hopefully I can source all I need through here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2017, 10:59:42 PM »
Welcome at least its a Honda I like to soil this forum with Italian Bikes  ;D

Mick
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal