Author Topic: CB750A carburation - anyone worked on this?  (Read 1441 times)

Offline CB750A

• View Profile
Re: CB750A carburation - anyone worked on this?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2017, 07:18:20 PM »
Just in case anyone is interested, I am making progress. Turns out the bike I bought has CB750F carbs and airbox fitted.
As I want to restore the bike to original, I have managed to source and buy (at great expense) a set of correct carbs, the vacuum operated rev-lifting device parts and a set of new inlet manifold rubbers.

I know I have received some mockery with this project. It would be more helpful if everyone understood that I am trying to end up with a complete set of CB750s!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Something that certain of the less appreciative members would understand? Let's move forward. Thanks to those that have tried to assist.

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2017, 07:37:32 PM »
Glad you're making progress with it. I wonder if the F carbs were fitted in an effort to derestrict  the engine a bit. There are an lot of differences on the A's, the wet sump being the main one that jumps from memory, and hyvo primary chain rather than the 2 single row chains of the manual versions. Plus quirky little bits that catch unwary riders out like the rear brake which locks like a parking brake to stop creep at junctions etc. Do please post some pics as you go along with the work, as I said earlier it's 20+ years since I last saw one!

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2017, 07:41:39 PM »
Does the vacuum lift the carb slides like a cruise control type arrangement then,  rather than an air bypass?

Offline Spitfire

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2017, 07:56:33 AM »
Sounds fascinating, I did not realise that the differences were so big, will be interested to see how this turns out.

Cheers

Dennis
1976 CB750F

1977 CB750F2 In bits

1964 BSA A65R In bits

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal