Author Topic: CB400/350 carb rubbers ..softening  (Read 471 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
CB400/350 carb rubbers ..softening
« on: July 04, 2017, 11:46:16 PM »
Roy Halliwell asked me if I could soften the carb inlet rubbers for his CB350F in the Reofos 50 stuff I use. Problem is that they also have rubber to metal bonding that could be degraded by the chemical used. So rather than totally immersing them I put them in a tray, metal side up and then filled up to 3/4 the height of the parts. What I find is UK bike rubber  parts soften quite easily but USA bikes from hot areas are much more difficult to treat. Anyway they have now responded well and I  also post treated them in  free air in an oven at   100 °C for 4 hours.  I then tried one on a scrap 400/4 carb body with a new clamp and it gripped really well.  I will get them in the post Roy so you can get that lovely little 350/4 up and running again.

BTW everyone Roy is resorting to this because Honda ones are very expensive and the Cruzinimage ones he bought have disintegrated after only a short  period of use ... you have been warned !
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal