Author Topic: Survey: What face plates do you need?  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Lecram

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
    • Buy High Quality Honda CB four gauge parts online!
Survey: What face plates do you need?
« on: July 07, 2017, 08:13:05 PM »
As you probably know, I am market leader for the Honda CB750 face plates. I have sold 1,000s CB750 face plates and I have also added face plates of the CB350F, CB400F and CB500 K0/K1 to my online store, which are pretty popular.

My focus was on producing face plates that are pretty much popular, because to make the production profitable, I needed to produce a couple of 100 of each.

As I am always looking to improve the service for my customers: I now have the possibility to produce smaller numbers. I will start the production soon. The quality is equal, so according the highest standards. Printed on plastic plate, looking exactly the same as the originals.

In order to produce the right face plates, I will ask you to repsond to this topic and tell me what face plates you think I have to produce, if possible with pictures. What face plates do you need and are not available, or only available as low quality stickers. (your response is obviously non-binding)

I highly appreciate your responses!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 10:09:04 PM by Lecram »

Offline RGP750

• SOHC Master
  • "always look on the bright side of life"
    • View Profile
Re: Survey: What face plates do you need?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 08:30:10 PM »
Honda CB175  would be nice,
I will be ordering your 500 ones shortly.
Keep up the good work.
1972 500/4
1973 CB175
1972 CB175
1959 BSA Super rocket
1927 960cc Matchless 'v' twin
1969 750 K0

Offline Lecram

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 08:58:44 PM »
Honda CB175  would be nice,
I will be ordering your 500 ones shortly.
Keep up the good work.

Thank you! Would you please post the pictures here?

Offline kent400

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 09:40:00 PM »
Honda CBX 1000 and Honda 400 four F2 (1977/78) with the green km/h scale on the face. This scale may have only been printed on speedo gauge faces for the UK market.

Offline Lecram

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 10:10:32 PM »
Thanks guys. Would you please post here pictures of the bikes' gauges? There are so many different version available and when I search on the internet, I see similar bikes with different gauges (probably replacements)

Offline Lecram

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 10:15:02 PM »
Honda CBX 1000 and Honda 400 four F2 (1977/78) with the green km/h scale on the face. This scale may have only been printed on speedo gauge faces for the UK market.

CBX 1000 are coming, I also found a picture of the 400 with mph/kmh scale
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 07:56:54 AM »
I too will be buying a set of your 500K0 faces soon Marcel.

My wish would be for replacement crimped chrome or stainless steel bezel for 60's style 'oval'  Honda 'dual' instruments fitted to CB72, CB77, CB450K0 and CB250K0 JDM, CD250 JDM. A long shot I know but the restoration community of these bikes is crying out for such a replacement part.

Also a video clip of the assembly and gluing of your plastic CB750K0 gauge covers would be useful.

Keep up the good work !! 
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline kent400

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 02:26:23 PM »
Interested to hear CBX 1000 gauge faces will be available, the gauge needles on these are often broken and being plastic have become brittle. The image of one on the underside shows they were not solid having a channel. Removing one needs great care as the needle boss cover is also plastic, you need to get under the brass tube that's over the pin and that's just under the gauge face. The same needle design was used on the CB650F and probably a few other 1980 on gauges. The needle is secured on the boss by two pegs and it looks like the melted to secure them. Easy enough to remove one from the boss and re-secure another using epoxy glue. I've been reduced to fashioning a replacement needle from clear acrylic and then painting it. Not sure if 3D printing would produce a suitable replica.

Ash mentioned the oval speedometer bezels, the same one was used on the CB160 and most were chrome plated brass however on my own CB160 the bezel is stainless steel and obviously a better option. That stainless bezel is definitely original. [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]    

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal