SOHC.co.uk Forums > Anorak's Corner

Anatomy of a CX500 silencer .. showing baffles

(1/2) > >>

AshimotoK0:
Internal baffling inside a CX500 silencer.... baffles still totally solid 'cos unbelievably (well to a couple of 'doubters' I have met  ;D) ....... it's only done 300 miles but totally rotted out at the front due to 35 years of damp storage. I couldn't really find decent pics on the Internet other than Honda's overall concept schematic diagram. I have some really nice original Sankei replacements thanks to a lead in Germany from Uli ( Sgt Pinback)   :)

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Sgt.Pinback:
Glad you got the original Sankeis.

So how is your restoration going on?

If you need further parts just let me know and will have a look here.

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: Sgt.Pinback on July 28, 2017, 08:35:43 AM ---Glad you got the original Sankeis.

So how is your restoration going on?

If you need further parts just let me know and will have a look here.

--- End quote ---

Just working on it when I can between other projects/work Uli ... I still need some decent original dual-skinned downpipes (re-chroming originals still a possibility)  as repros get bad press on the CX forums ... I also need a decent chrome coolant pipe and possibly original handlebars but again re-chroming is an option.

AshimotoK0:
Here is the official Honda diagram of the standard system.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

florence:
interesting.  I had flexible exhaust tubing on mine going into a Y piece and then into a silencer from a BSA A10.  Seemed to run really well, although rather loud.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version