Author Topic: Cylinder Head stud torque settings  (Read 3610 times)

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: Cylinder Head stud torque settings
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2017, 11:46:38 AM »
The tensioner is automatic, do not try to turn that bolt with the cut in it or you will break it.

Yes, I knew tensioner was spring loaded. All I've done is slacken the tensioner screw locknut, and gently turn the adjusting screw in clockwise, about half a turn. Whilst I did this, I could see the tensioner shoe, retract. Nipped up locknut and carried on putting in the camshaft. Once it's all rebuilt, I'll slacken the lock nut and let the tensioner screw slowly reposition itself before retightening the locknut.

I'm at a dead stop again now though.  Can't find one of the cyl head cover locating dowels - grrrrr!

Good man, I fix tooo many of those tensioners  >:(
Are these the dowels you are looking for  ;D Building a 500K1 at the moment myself  ;)
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline jon stead

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2017, 05:07:31 PM »
"Saga continues. Found dowel, got cover on, all tappettts were fully loosened before putting cover on and held back by elastic bands, ready to set valve clearance, only to find my feeler gauge set doesn't go down to 0.05 or 0.08mm. Starts at .1mm - what use are they.

Off out to get a set. Might call it a day anyway and continue tomorrow."

Trigger, I posted the above in the post before your last one, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I went to Halfrauds, got some feelers, set the tappets, cranked engine over by hand a few times, put the carbs back on and packed up for the day, come to the caravan. Only exhausts left to put on then ready for fire up. Probably Monday now.
2015 Triumph Bonneville T100 Newchurch

Offline jon stead

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2017, 05:49:00 PM »
Up and running. Been out, in between, showers, put about ten miles on it. No major problems to report. I'll reset the tappets next week.

In the mean time, I still have the same problem, in lack of power above 6,000 rpm. I'm beginning to think the electronic ignition system might not be performing as it should.
2015 Triumph Bonneville T100 Newchurch

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal