Author Topic: This guy doesn't know what a UK 500K1 should look like  (Read 3139 times)

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: This guy doesn't know what a UK 500K1 should look like
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2017, 08:31:15 AM »
Its posts like this that make me glad I decided that I  am just sticking to the anorak techie stuff in the future !  ;D ;D ;D  ... Hmm the Lab calls ... got to go Igor is getting restless   ;D
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline toucheturtle

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2017, 03:35:05 PM »
You can do anything you like to personalise or improve your motorbike, that isn't the issue, trying to ask £8000+ for a CB500 is the issue. I don't know if any CB500 is worth that kind of money but one which isn't totally original and mint certainly isn't

Offline kevski

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2017, 06:30:36 PM »
You can do anything you like to personalise or improve your motorbike, that isn't the issue, trying to ask £8000+ for a CB500 is the issue. I don't know if any CB500 is worth that kind of money but one which isn't totally original and mint certainly isn't

Well don't bid on it then! all the parts on it are original maybe not honda originals but originally from somewhere.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2017, 09:07:17 PM »
I started this thread for a good reason and, that was to educate people on what is going on these day with regards to the prices that some people are asking for bikes that are not correct. It was not to slag off the people that build these bikes, either to the correct spec or not.
I do get annoyed with every Tom, Dick and Harry jumping on the bandwagon claiming to be a restorer or bods on ebay trying to sell incorrect spare parts. I have restored every SOHC/4 (apart from the 650) to a very high spec and built a few non STD ones as well.
What I have learnt over the years is every customer is different and requires different things, which is why us humans are all individual.

And if you members out there would like to carry on arguing, then start your own bloody thread  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Tomb

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2017, 09:33:32 PM »
I do get annoyed with every Tom

Hey! What have I done!!???? ???
Tom
'73 CB550 with CB500 engine café racer
'62 CB77 Sprinter
'70 CD175
'78 CB550 with sidecar
'80 Z50R
And a load of old Yamaha 1100's

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2017, 09:37:11 PM »
Just as well your name's not Will.  You get people firing at you.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline kevski

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2017, 06:45:49 AM »
Sorry Trig, we don't need educating, the listing has been pulled now, owner probably read this thread, this sort of nit picking happens on every forum and it sometimes stops people from joining and supporting the clubs.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2017, 07:00:18 AM »
There is a lot of people out on the web that use this forum for information on a bike they are interested in buying. Information is education  ;)

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2017, 08:07:54 AM »
I agree with Trigger, its incredibly annoying when somebody tries to pass off something as being what it patently isn't to us but not necessarily to Joe public. I always try to be scrupulously honest with descriptions which is probably why I don't get as much as other sellers!!

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2017, 08:24:34 AM »
That basically sums up the objections to the listing, it's asking a steep price and saying the bike is highly original / correctly restored, it ain't, it's still nice, it's just miss described and overpriced. I'm all for a bike evolving to meet the owners requirements and even customs, my first cb550 was a handtail chop project, more non original parts than correct. Personally I'd not know most of these differences but also my most expensive cb500 was £800  not 8k so originality wasn't being claimed or inferred.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline kevski

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2017, 08:45:58 AM »
What actually needled me is the thread title, the guy that Reconditioned and Not restored it was not concerned about a factory restoration, it's a nice looking bike, and whatever price it's up for is non of my business, it will only sell for whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Offline toucheturtle

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2017, 09:27:40 AM »

Well don't bid on it then! all the parts on it are original maybe not honda originals but originally from somewhere.
This forum is for Honda four enthusiasts and telling potential bidders why it isn't worth the asking price and what to look out for is part of the advantage of being on the forum. If you bought that bike and found it wasn't worth half what you paid you'd be pretty gutted

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2017, 10:08:59 AM »
Not quite correct, any SOHC Honda is welcome for discussion here, from the humble C50 to the magnificent CB750.

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal