Author Topic: 1969 CL350 cam lobe shape  (Read 2999 times)

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: 1969 CL350 cam lobe shape
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2017, 12:01:50 AM »
They are totally different to the Mr Kipling variety ...an acquired taste...  loads of lard in them and bitter almond taste .. you will get acute indigestion if you wolf too much of one down DAHIFKT.. evidently a cook at the nearby Rutland Arms Hotel cocked up on a pudding way back when but served it up anyway and it took off from there.  WHERE is Tim (rosabikes) !! he should be writing this ... I should be talking Cod & Haddock !
Here I am but no expert on tarts etc. However Bakewell puddings and tarts totally different things. I am advised the "original shop" is the one  on the Sheffield road side of town opposite bank of Scotland.  Hate the things personally by the way. Give me a eccles cake any day! ;D
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2017, 07:56:30 AM »
I was there a couple of weeks ago.
That bank caught my eye.
Here's why:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2017, 08:48:07 AM »
One of few banks left in town that. Closing left right and centre. A relatively old demographic in Bakewell with many retirees, not up with internet banking as alternative offered. I will soon have to drive 8 miles to Matlock to pay in any business cheques when Lloyds too close in a month or so! What ever happened to customer service?

Whats that got to  do with cam lobes anyway? Sorry rant over!
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2017, 08:59:24 AM »
Still off topic but anyone visiting they do a really nice breakfast in the Pudding Shop, The Square, Bakewell DE45 1BT (not the original I know Tim) with good WiFi so you can tune in to what's going on here, after you have finished it. Lovely lady who runs it too. Also there is a quaint old second-hand bookshop near to the river that is really good (think it funds the local bus transport for old folks)... I got a 400/4 service manual from there for £2 and they have some really interesting old books in there. If you park in the big car park just out of town (loads of space) then you can get £2 back if you spend £15 in the Co-Op. Just love Bakewell every time I stay at  my bro-in-laws cottage.

Back to the cam ... I will get hold of my K4 cam over weekend and measure it as promised !
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline neildavies67

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2017, 09:32:56 PM »
Cheers AshimotoK0! Interested to see how it compares with mine!
1969 CL350 (in pieces - for now)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal